From 6,150 USD
today equal to
5.706 EUR pp
Join us for 8 emotional days!
In the westernmost part of Tanzania it is possible to have one of the most unique and exclusive experiences of the African continent.
We offer a luxury Safari, in a dream lodge, 8 days (from Tuesday to Tuesday) with a first stop in Arusha at the National Park for a fun experience of walking safari and canoeing on Lake Momella. Four days instead will be dedicated to Gombe Stream National Park: a thin strip of ancient mountain forest that borders the second deepest lake in the world, Lake Tanganyika. The park is famous for the studies on primates (chimpanzees) conducted recently by the British researcher Jane Goodall.
Join us for a truly extraordinary experience of close encounter with these amazing animals in a natural setting in one of the most pristine and wild parks in Tanzania! We staff will be available for any need from your arrival at the airport to your departure.
For any information do not hesitate to contact us! Below you can find out the detailed program day by day.
Routes, services and prices are to be understood as purely indicative, as estimated on the basis of standards and average prices that can be confirmed only at the time of quotation.
N.B. The tracking in the park of the Gombe for the sighting of the chimpanzees is allowed from the national agency parks from the 15 years and up
click on (+) to find out all the details day by day
Day 1 - Transfer from Kilimanjaro Airport, reception, excursions in the area and overnight in Arusha
Arrival at the JRO airport where you will find our staff to welcome you; we will move to the hotel near the city and after a well-deserved rest, if there was time available, we will accompany you in visiting the city and the market of Arusha. We’ll go back to the hotel for dinner.
- recommended clothing and equipment: sweater for the evening
- transfer airport-hotel 1 hour approx
- B&B treatment in hotel
After breakfast at the hotel we will leave for the safari at the National Park of Arusha, the only park where we will have the opportunity to have a safari on foot accompanied by an armed ranger that will safely allow us to approach a few meters from the animals in freedom. After the picnic on the shores of a pond, there will be the opportunity to make a canoe safari: an experience that will allow you to look at the African environment from another perspective, in a fun way. Then we will return to Arusha for dinner.
- recommended clothing and equipment: safari, dust bandana, insect spray, hat, sunglasses, hiking shoes.
- moving Arusha-Arusha NP 1 hour
- lunch box not included/dinner not included in the overnight stay
Early in the morning, the plane for Kigoma Airport near the Gombe National Park awaits you on the runway of Arusha Airport. You will have lunch at the Hilltop Hotel in Kigoma with a beautiful lake view. After a boat transfer (Dhow) you will reach the park. In the afternoon there will be a first approach with tracking in the Gombe. Overnight and dinner at the lodge in the park.
- recommended clothing and equipment: comfortable to travel, in the afternoon clothing for tracking
- moving Arusha-Kigoma 5 hours (plane)/ Moving Kigoma-Gombe 1 hour and 30 approximately (boat)
- lunch in Kigoma/aperitif and dinner at the overnight stay
When you wake up you will discover the wonders of the park but above all you will do the day trip in search of chimpanzees. In the afternoon there will be the opportunity to go on a boat safari (optional extra activity) to discover the nearby fishing village of Mwamgongo. Dinner and overnight in the park.
- recommended clothing and equipment: tracking, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, insect spray
- moving in the park
- full board at the overnight facility
After breakfast you will do the tracking activity to discover the chimpanzees. The afternoon is free with the possibility of a kayak trip (extra). Aperitif and dinner at the overnight in the park.
- recommended clothing and equipment: tracking, insect spray, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- moving in the park
- full board at the overnight accommodation
In the morning you will leave for the transfer by boat at the Kigoma Hilltop Hotel. The afternoon will be dedicated to relaxing at the hotel swimming pool overlooking Lake Tanganyika. Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
- recommended clothing and equipment: comfortable travel and swimsuit
- moving Gombe-Kigoma about 1 hour and a half (boat)
- lunch box/dinner at the overnight stay
In the morning you will depart for the transfer to Kigoma airport and fly in the afternoon to Arusha. Overnight and dinner at the lodge in Arusha.
- recommended clothing and equipment: comfortable for travel
- travel Kigoma-Arusha 4 hours and a half (plane)
- lunch box/dinner not included in the overnight stay
For the last day the activities depend on the time of your flight, but we will try to dedicate the morning to the visit of Arusha and its surroundings and then head to the international airport of Kilimanjaro for the return or for the sea extension.
- recommended clothing and equipment: comfortable for flight
- moving Arusha-Airport JRO about 2 hours
- lunch box not included